Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I was on the radio talking about Willie Rennie........... #bbcgms

........ this morning.

Yesterday evening I had a call from a very nice man called Scott who works for the BBC in Glasgow asking me to go on Good Morning Scotland today. As I had 3 children to get to school this morning (Anna and 2 regular and very sweet and lovely and welcome visitors), I wasn't in a position to go in to the studio, but they let me do it over the phone. It was a discussion with Glasgow student Lib Dem Ruaraidh Dobson about the future of the Scottish Liberal Democrats in general and Willie Rennie in particular.

So, at 8:10, I waited for the phone to ring. And it didn't. And I waited some more. And then I almost did that thing that you used to do when you were a teenager waiting for a bloke to call. You know - phoning your phone from another phone to check it's not broken. Pathetic, really. I even texted Ruaraidh to find out if we'd been dumped, but he seemed remarkably and sensibly unworried by it all.

Finally, at 8:30, the phone rung and we did our piece which is available on the iPlayer here.  You could listen to the whole 2.5 hours of the programme beforehand, or you could just go straight to 2 hours 30 in on the timer if you want to hear our bit.

All of this meant that the children were a whole six minutes late for school. I know that this makes me a bad person, but do you think "Mum was on the radio" is a good enough excuse?

The man himself and their resident Lib Dem commentator Siobhan Mathers are on in the morning so be sure to listen for them.

2 comments:

Jock said...

I must admit I've not listened to Radio Scotland for years ( being SNP I'm not welcome) but I hope it went well.

cynicalHighlander said...

Willie said this on TV to Glen Campbell a couple of years ago.

"That the vote for the SNP in Scotland had merely been a protest vote much in the way that the votes for the BNP had in England"

After hearing him on the radio after his leadership 'win' doesn't inspire me on his creditability.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails