Thursday, February 15, 2007

Fast Response

I sent an e-mail to ITV to complain about a remark Russell Brand made while presenting the Brits. I can just about cope with him going on interminably about his private parts, however unfunny I might find it, but referring to breastfeeding babies as "little perverts" to an audience comprised of a significant number of young people was pretty irresponsible. Yes, I'm a Liberal, and he can say what he likes, and I would never stop him - but I reserve the right to argue with him.

I always believe that if you feel strongly enough about something you should do something about it so I fired off an e-mail to ITV, feeling fairly confident I'd never hear anything again but at least I'd said my piece.

Within 10 minutes I had an obviously standard response, so they'd had a few complaints, but I was impressed that they'd bothered to respond.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's just part of his particular style of humour. I think it's patronising of you to think that anybody, however young, would actually take that comment seriously. Come on.

I personally don't find him that funny and it's even more odd to have blow-dried hair, a Tango coloured fake tan and Hollywood white teeth on an otherwise essentially gothic man.

My bigger complaint would be that he is a former heroin addict and that's not good for kids to see set up as an example. I feel the same way about Kate Moss having her party antics glamorised while advertising Rimmel make-up to teenage girls.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails