Monday, October 06, 2008

Please to Remember the 6th of November

I have to say that I'm not wildly chuffed that the Government has set the date of the Glenrothes by-election for 6th November. I would much have preferred it if they'd gone for either the week before or after.

Given their other major failings on 10p tax, child poverty, pensions, encouraging a responsible and sustainable financial sector and data losses, my gripe that they have now ruined my long standing plans to thoroughly enjoy the climax of the US Presidential election is quite insignificant, but it's still annoying. Now, rather than sitting up all night with my friends watching the results, we will all be campaigning hard ourselves and will need what little beauty sleep we can grab. Oh well, I suppose that's what the infernal wickedness of Sky Plus is for.....

They should actually have broken with tradition and had it the day before - after all the result may well cause some fireworks...........

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails