Thursday, February 02, 2012

In which Mark Pack cheers me up with news of Liberal Democrat achievements

I think you should be aware, before I start that no chocolate has been sent my way as an enticement to write this article. Unfortunately.

I have been a bit maudlin' today after the passage of the Welfare Reform Bill with all its nasties still intact so I kind of needed something to cheer  me up.

And so I stumbled across the Chocoholic's Facebook page in which he's highlighting a Lib Dem achievement in Government every day. Today, he's talking about a huge increase in the number of new apprenticeships, 440,000 in 2010/11, initiated by Lib Dem ministers.

It strikes me that this could build up to be a useful reference guide in the future. I hope he doesn't forget all the things we did in Scotland, like free personal care, the smoking ban, stopping Labour introducing tuition fees and STV for local government.

Mark also produces a monthly e-mail newsletter which has all sorts of useful facts about what's going on in the Liberal Democrats. This month's came out yesterday and has information on Nick Clegg's campaign to cut taxes for the poorest,  key facts on university applications and  advice on taking a good campaign photo. If you want to sign up for it you can do so here.

1 comment:

Mark Pack said...

Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails