Friday, November 30, 2012

And what does Popbitch have to say about the Liberal Democrats' Christmas Party?


Well, I never expected an event I attended to end up in a salacious gossip email.

On Tuesday night I was lucky enough to be at the Ministry of Sound for the annual Lib Dems' Christmas Party. It was a fantastic night and a good time was had by all. Generally, I think that what happens at the Ministry of Sound should stay at the Ministry of Sound, although I will say that I feared for one middle aged man, who had better remain nameless although everyone in a 10 foot radius will know who he was, at one point. He seemed to be doing a bit of a bizarre combination of hip-hop, limbo, dad dancing and salsa and I was convinced he'd need either or both hips replaced by the end of the evening. Brave didn't even begin to cover it.

My husband was absolutely disgusted that someone of my camp and cheesy musical taste would be allowed in such an illustrious venue.

It was a great night, but not in any way eventful in times of scandal, which is why I was a little surprised to see it appear in Popbitch this week:
 >> Political party <<
        Lib Dems Gangnam style       

    Ready to hear one of the most
    pitiful things you'll hear all
    season? The Lib Dem MPs were at
    Ministry of Sound for their
    Christmas party this week.
    And were dancing Gangnam Style.

FYI: Nick Clegg only showed up at the
start. He apparently "still looked
sad despite a slight incline at the
corners of his mouth".
I doubt there will be a Christmas party in the whole country this year where the Gangnam style won't be played. This is hardly worthy of report. Given that it was the Ministry of Sound, I should say that we didn't get any of the cheesy Christmas stuff. In fact, as you'd expect, the music was pretty darned good.

Nick Clegg, by the way was in very good form, joking and teasing people. And drinking Tiger beer.

Never in my life did I expect to be sitting in the roped off seats in the VIP area of a nightclub! Anyone could go up there and it was lovely. How the other half live...      

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails