Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Twitter followers know me so well...a BBC Sports Personality of the Year challenge

I came back after a couple of hours out this afternoon to find a tweet from someone that read quite simply:
What is this, the largest ever odd-one out round? I'm sure @caronmlindsay can spot the odd-one-out.
This turned out to be a series of pictures of possible contenders for BBC Sport Personality of the Year.

I flicked through it apprehensively, scared that I'd have to spontaneously combust if, like last year, there were no women. But of course the BBC weren't that stupid. They missed out Beth Tweddle, though, and Heather Watson and they seem to have forgotten that Katherine Grainger had a partner. Nine out of twenty-three isn't quite good enough, but it's definitely an improvement.

The Olympics has of course given us plenty of potential winners, but there are a few from other sports too. I almost choked on my Earl Grey, though, when I saw that one person had been included. A most undeserving soul, too. Have a look and see if you can work out who I'm talking about.

I was just surprised and quite impressed that someone on Twitter knew me well enough to know what would wind me up, especially as I haven't talked much about this person this year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails