Friday, May 18, 2007

Everybody needs good Neighbours

I don't often watch Neighbours these days, but I used to be a bit of an addict. Who can forget the days of Scott, Charlene, Daphne, Des, Henry, Bronwyn, Madge and Harold?

I'm quite sad to see that it's leaving the BBC. I'm not about to argue for £300 million to be spent from the public purse to retain it, but I'm sure it compares favourably to the extortionate daylight robbery football tv rights have become. I can't find what the BBC paid for its football rights, but I do know that Sky paid more than a cool billion for their's.

How come the boys get their sports on the taxpayer, but a national institution like Neighbours doesn't matter?:-)

1 comment:

Amy said...

How come the boys get their sports on the taxpayer, but a national institution like Neighbours doesn't matter?:-)

You make a serious point about an apparently trivial subject.

(Under the new public sector duty on gender, I think we could get them to answer it. I don't know how they could do a gender disaggregation on their audience figures, though.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails