Monday, March 05, 2012

How Lib Dem Councillors create jobs, build houses and improve schools - a You Tube sensation

When this was broadcast on Friday night, I was up to my neck in the speed mentoring session (of which more later) in Inverness, so this is the first chance I've had to watch it.

In it, Willie Rennie visits three Liberal Democrat Councillors and highlights the successes they've had in creating jobs, building houses and improving schools.

I spent about 20 minutes in total with Edinburgh's Paul Edie at Conference, and he did lend me a pen to hastily write a speech - but with it he seems to also have given me his cold. I'm not bitter, however, and I am hugely proud of his achievements in terms of slashing homelessness, improving home care and cutting crime through neighbourhood initiatives.

Cllr Peter Barrett wrote for Liberal Democrat Voice in 2010 about how he had turned the poor housing situation in Perth and Kinross around. He and Willie visit a family who have been rehoused.

Cllr Karen Clark talks about how the Liberal Democrats have invested in Aberdeenshire's schools.

These three are examples of what have been achieved across Scotland by Liberal Democrat Councillors.

My only criticism - I wish people wouldn't dress up in smart suits for these things. It just looks a bit odd. I feel a more casual approach would have fitted in better. Next time, ditch the ties, at least.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails