Monday, March 19, 2012

Lembit Opik for Eurovision 2013 #lembitforeurovision

I am on long train jourrney and have been without human company for some time. This probably explans why I have been excited beyond description by the idea that as well as saving the earth from destruction by asteroid, it's time for Lembit Opik and his harmonica to restore the UK's credibility in Europe by taking part in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2013. This shouldn't suggest that I'm doubting this year's contender Englebert Humperdinck's abilities, because we have to give him a chance, after all, but I recognise that the job may take longer than one year to complete.

Lembit would be an excellent choice. It would keep him busy, raise his profile and possibly launch a Europe based career.

I should be clear that this is not my idea. I'm protecting the guilty to an extent, although it might be fun to give you a hint as to their identity.Tthey are from the younger part of the Scottish party. It is, however, entirely my idea that Annie Lennox should write the song. That should give you a further clue in identifying them as they currently live in the place of Ms Lennox's birth.

If you think this is a good idea, please muster up as much support as you can through whatever social neetworking media you choose. If, #lembitforeurovision trended on Twitter, the momentum would be unstoppable.

I have never managed to sort out doing links on the iPad, but if any of you kind sould would post the link of Lembit handling himself really well in a recent music video in the comments, I'd be ever so grateful.

So, it's over to you, dear readers. You have the power to make this happen. You can make Lembi the new Cliff Richard. Get to it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is the amazing song "Pop Wound"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYXzNhzYdTU

Love, anonymous Young Lib Dem xx

Munguin said...

I would be very happy to comment but I see that my last comment has not been allowed. Censorship now Caron, well why not eh it goes well with down right lies!!

Unknown said...

Don't be ridiculous, Munguin. When do your cmments not get published? I haven't binned one of yours yet.

Unknown said...

Don't be ridiculous, Munguin. When do your cmments not get published? I haven't binned one of yours yet.

Munguin said...

Yes that is true. But you have an annoying habit of not okaying comments until the story has moved on and is no longer relevant. Some, of a more cynical nature than myself, might say you are doing it on purpose in order to avoid it being read but then still maintain the moral high ground of being open and uncensored. Some might say it’s just another form of censorship. I looked for that comment, which I note is now up, but of course several stories back, even after you had posted another item. Is it really so difficult to ok things? So much so that it is easier to post another story than do so?

Unknown said...

A lovely conspiracy theory - implies far more organisation that actually went on.

For some reason I didn't get an e-mail notification of your comment and only realised it was there when you complained it hadn't been published.

Given that your comments are always published, I really don't see what you have to complain about.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails