Sunday, March 11, 2012

The leadership's three major blunders on the NHS Bill

Before we even start, just so you don't get the wrong idea, Nick Clegg is, for me, a great leader who's led us into Government and who's making huge chunks of Lib Dem policy a helpful reality. I believe in this guy as much as I did 13 years ago when I did a sponsored labour to get him elected as the East Midlands' first Lib Dem parliamentarian in 70 years.

I think he and his team have mucked up big time this weekend, though, and he has to learn from it. Anyone outside the Westminster Bubble with half an ounce of common sense could have advised them of the folly of their plans ahead of time. Malcolm Tucker would call it a f***ing omnishambles & he wouldn't be far wrong.

It was one avoidable low point in a largely successful weekend. but it's all anybody's talking about. And the media I've watched are talking mince.

I've made a Storify thingummyjig which briefly explains what I mean. You can read it here.

1 comment:

Amy said...

The reforms, will be progress

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails