Sunday, September 09, 2012

Gruffalo author reminds me of my Granny

I don't need anyone to remind me of my Granny, Annie Souter, who died 17 years ago today. She was a delightful, kind and loving lady and I miss her so much.

However, Gruffalo author Julia Donaldson's open letter to Maria Miller asking her to intervene to make sure children have access to local libraries and the events they organise reminded me of something else Granny did. She took me regularly to the library in Inverness, fuelling the passion for books that's marked my life and developed into the wee bookshop/Amazon habit I have today.

We didn't have a lot of spare money when I was growing up, nor did my Granny, but she (and my parents) ensured that I always had access to lots and lots of books, something I'm very grateful for.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails