Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Revealed: my ignorance of celebrity gossip.....

I am not as well informed as I used to be about who's with who...

I was at the Starfury Return to the 11th Hour Doctor Who convention in Birmingham this weekend which happened to be Catherine Tate's first ever convention.

She was brilliant - funny, insightful and so genuinely appreciative of the fans. I will type up my copious notes from her session later, but I just wanted to share with you one little thing.

While she was giving her talk, a bloke I hadn't seen all weekend was sitting at the side of the stage. I had no idea who he was. In fact, I even wondered if he was a security guy. I had clocked, though, that he looked like a grumpier version of Adrian Chiles.

I didn't waste too much attention to him, concentrating on Catherine and the other guests.

Well, how was I to know that Catherine Tate and Adrian Chiles had been an item for 9 months or more....? I mean it's not even on Wikipedia, for goodness' sake. Just every tabloid newspaper known to man.

Good luck to them both. It's fair to say that the Doctor Who universe is pretty well disposed to Catherine, so if she's happy, so are we.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails