Sunday, October 18, 2009

F1: Countdown to Brawn boys' Brazil duel

It's a bit weird for it to be this time on a Formula One Sunday to not be watching the race - but today it's in Brazil and doesn't start until 6pm.

Rather than bite my nails in anticipation at the duel to come, I've written an article on the Brawn team for those nice Brits on Pole people who thankfully seem to have forgotten that the last time they let me write for them, their site crashed. Let's hope I don't jinx them this time.

My nerves are slightly in shreds after yesterday's dramatic and protracted qualifying session and are not helped by Jonathan Noble from Autosport telling Twitter that local weather forecasters expect another downpour about an hour into the race. Fabulous! There was a Sunday at the very beginning of the 2005 General Election campaign when it was so wet in Edinburgh that even Stephen wouldn't go out delivering leaflets, the only time that's happened in our long history of me driving him to places in all weathers and dumping him until his delivery bag is empty. That, however, was but a tiny shower in comparison to the Sao Paolo deluge.

Those said nice Brits on Pole people run a liveblog during the race. Do come over and join in. My participation is dependent on whether I can get hold of the laptop. There is a certain strand of opinion in this house that it's unfair for Mummy to have both tv and laptop.

1 comment:

circus monkey said...

I agree with that certain strand of opinion. Take her laptop away folks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails