Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Caron and Bob - 20 years on

Well, some said it wouldn't last. On paper it was a big risk to run off and live with a divorced man almost twice my age but if I had my time again, I can honestly say that I'd do exactly the same thing.

I'm not going to tell you that the last 20 years has been all plain sailing - what life or relationship is? We've had our moments, but I know that I could not have had a better husband.

I, on the other hand, am a completely rubbish wife - at least judged on traditional values. I don't bake cookies that often, and my house is very rarely tidy. It only occasionally gets above complete squalor, and that's only when we are expecting visitors.

Anyone involved with an active Liberal Democrat knows exactly how much time and energy the Party takes. Bob has seen me disappear for weeks to go and fight elections, and then come back exhausted.

Bob has always, without fail, been there when I've needed him, even when I've been a complete witch, he's encouraged me to do things I thought I could never do, he has given me the happiness and security I never had growing up and he is the best father imaginable. We still have lots of fun and I think I'm very lucky to have such a lovely man.

2 comments:

Richard Gadsden said...

Your house is a lovely place to stay, not in the least squalid!

Unknown said...

Thank you! Since I've been working it isn't at all as tidy as it should be..........

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails