Thursday, October 18, 2012

A sight that made me very happy indeed


Lib Dem Minister Jo Swinson at the Despatch Box taking questions on Women and Equalities today.

Good to see that the Government has taken steps to ensure that refuges won't lose funding and that there will be powers to split payments between partners when there is domestic violence when they Universal Credit comes in.

Good also to see Jo say that 60% of those who benefit from the Government's raising of the tax threshold are women and to hear her talk about extra help for childcare for those in part time employment.

I'm just very proud to see someone I helped get elected to Parliament for the first time in 2005 doing so well and so fluently in a role that was made for her.

I've not quite got used to seeing her on the front bench yet, but I'm sure I will.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails