Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hibs v Hearts, or Hearts v Hibs, or whatever, in the Cup Final - a proud day for Edinburgh

I can see many of you who know me cringe at the thought I'm going to write about football. I'm not. I only care about it when it involves Inverness Caley Thistle.

However, I know how I feel when the last race of the F1 season approaches and there are still four drivers who could win the title. The butterflies in my stomach, the anticipation, the seemingly interminable wait for the race to start but yet not wanting it to be over, the speculation with friends over every possible conclusion. This sort of thing is a really enjoyable part of every sports fan's life.

I have so many friends who feel like that about this match, on both sides. Some have travelled a long way to get to Hampden this afternoon.

I hope that they all have a great time, whether they're in the stadium or watching in the pub or at home. For them, I want the match to be a thrilling nailbiter with the deciding goal scored in the dying seconds.

It is a fantastic day for Edinburgh and we should be very proud of both teams. I seriously don't mind which one of them wins, so am a seriously neutral observer. But I will make one prediction. When the Cup gets handed over this afternoon, it will have white ribbons on it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails