- He keeps his word - and this tuition fees issue is not an isolated example. He's done it before as he was one of the three who resigned from the Shadow Cabinet over the slightly weird position we took on the Referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.
- He knows about campaigning - turning a majority of 200 ish to one of 12000 takes some energy, knowledge and commitment.
- He knows about fundraising which is something the Party really needs to focus on now we don't have Short Money any more.
- He's been right there in the story of tuition fees this week, on every news programme that would have him, saying he's going to honour his pledge. I don't think a non MP President would get as much coverage.
- I think he would make sure we were positively in the story on other issues - he'd be hunting down Nick Robinson et al, not waiting for them to come to him.
- We need someone pretty forceful and terrier like to take on Labour and all their assorted nonsenses. Tenacious Tim is best placed to do that.
- He's willing to take a risk - his intervention in the most controversial debate at Scottish conference shows integrity and good judgment.
- He gave me direct answers to questions that bordered on rudeness