Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another childhood favourite dies: Robert Robinson

When I was a child, I really looked forward to Monday evenings when Ask the Family was on. I loved the mix of word games and general knowledge questions and enjoyed taking on the families single handedly.

Here's a link to the 1983 final on You Tube. 

I was sad to see today that presenter Robert Robinson has died at 83. It seems that all the people I really enjoyed watching in my childhood are slowly departing. 

I am too young to remember him on the Today programme but I'd have loved to have heard him tackle Ted Heath and Harold Wilson on the many issues of the day. I'm sure he would have cut them down to size quite effectively. 

My thoughts are with his family. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails