Thursday, November 19, 2009

Secrets, Cake and Lib Dem Bloggers in Edinburgh this Saturday

I can barely contain my excitement at the prospect of the inaugural Liberal Democrat Voice Bloggers' Unconference (a bit Winnie the Pooh, but so what) in Edinburth this Saturday.

Every so often an event comes along that is an I'll-do-it-if-it-kills-me must and this is it. It also marks the first time in a long time I will have attempted to be out for a whole day. It may yet end in tears, but I am not missing the chance to meet the Lib Dem Voice all-stars team of Mark Pack, Helen Duffett and Alex Foster, only one of which I have ever actually seen in the flesh, as well as the King of the Liberal Democrat blogosphere, Jonathan Calder.

If you haven't booked your place yet, let me know in the comments if you want to attend and I'll pass on to the important people. It's going to be a great day. Firstly, we'll get the chance to interview Scottish Lib Dem leader Tavish Scott as well as outgoing MP for Edinburgh West John Barrett and East Dunbartonshire MP Jo Swinson. Then, we'll we be discussing all sorts of secret things that I can't possibly say here in front of our political opponents. Finally, there will be cake, organised by Andrew, from this place that apparently has the best home baking in the whole of the city.

So, Lib Dem bloggers, if you haven't already booked your place, there is still a little bit of room - and even if there isn't we'll squeeze you in anyway. You can sit on my knee and I'm sure Andrew and Stephen will share their cake with you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails