Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Political Innovation event in Edinburgh this Saturday - and it's free!

This crazy, crazy week in my life will end on Saturday with an all-day event in Edinburgh run by those nice people at Political Innovation. They are looking at how we can change the way we do politics and have invited a motley array of journalists, bloggers, and various political types along to trade ideas and talk to each other.

It is completely free to attend, and is taking place at the University of Edinburgh's Informatics Forum at 10 Crichton Street Edinburgh. You do need to register in advance, and print off a ticket, but it's all very easy to do here.

I like the fact that you can also suggest sessions for the day and vote for others' ideas.  For example, Joan McAlpine has suggested one on whether bloggers in Scotland can compensate for the MSM's refusal to engage with the independence debate. I have suggested one - on how women can become more visible online. There are plenty women bloggers, but they are often ignored by the "blokeosphere".

I am looking forward to meeting people who until now I've only known online. I hope that other political activists will pitch up as well. That's code for not wanting to be the only Liberal Democrat in the room.

If you're going, please let me know in the comments.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails