Friday, February 12, 2010

F1: Learning to Love Williams F1 Part 1

Now that one of my favourite drivers of all time, Rubens Barrichello has gone to Williams F1, I'm going to have to at least try to learn to love the team against which I have some deeply held mainly DC and Damon Hill related grudges. I'm not a fan of Frank Williams' attitude towards his drivers - ironically when Rubens had his wee moment in Germany last season, Frank was on the Red Button Forum saying he'd have sacked him.

Anyway, I have to take this project seriously. One of the things I'm planning to do is read Maurice Hamilton's book on the team.

What is helping me is that they have a very chatty and friendly Twitterer, Claire Williams, giving us loads of photos and news from testing in Jerez. It's absolutely brilliant and by far the best of the teams' Twitter coverage.

Nothing will sway me from devotion to this man but thanks to Claire there's reason to be cautiously optimistic on the Williams front.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LibDems are going to do really badly at the general election.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails