Monday, June 06, 2011

Scottish Blogs on Wikio - June 2011

The Wikio rankings for June are out. There are still, sadly, only 7 Scottish blogs in the top 100 - and as there are a darned sight more than 7 brilliant Scottish blogs, I make my usual nagging effort to get you to register yours.  I suspect that the new Labour blog, Labour Hame, will be in there soon. Go and take a look at the project which has tempted Tom Harris MP back into blogging.

1  Alex Massie at 16

2  Caron's Musings at 28 - first time I've ever been in the top 30

3  Better Nation at 39, continuing meteoric rise

4  Lallands Peat Worrier at 43

5  Underdogs Bite Upwards at 58

6  Subrosa at 72

7  A Burdz Eye View at 88

Just outside the top 100, at 106, is Andrew Reeves Running Blog. He was finally finding the time to start blogging again last week, and I'm sure he'd have made it back into the top 100 again next month. I also noticed that he'd missed a big milestone. This post, about Malcolm Chisholm's resignation, was his 1000th, and what nobody expected to be his final post, a typically snappy and pugnacious effort on Spanish cucumbers, was his 1001st. Just over 1000 snippets of a life well lived. We'll miss him.

2 comments:

Sue Marsh said...

Also Caron, woefully few women.
Despite my best attempts to change the balance, we are still a desperate minority.

Congrats though, the top 50 needs us!!

Unknown said...

3 out of 7 isn't as bad as it could be, but I totally get what you are saying. It's way too much of a blokeosphere out there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails