Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Greetings from the Highlands




This is the view from inside the car at Tarbat Ness lighthouse near Portmahomack in Easter Ross.

Anna & Bob, the mad fools, are out in this, inspecting the rock pools on a beach he used to play on as a child.

The option I've chosen is probably sensible given that I've spent the afternoon helping my friend Siobhan celebrate her second 21st birthday. The generous slug of Bushmills she expertly put in the coffee cup went down a treat, not to mention the subsequent gin and tonic.

And being within spitting distance of a huge mobile phone mast is giving me the best signal I've had all week.

We are having great fun at the holiday cottage on the Black Isle. There are two cottages together, mirror images of each other. This is the third time we've stayed here, but the first in this particular cottage. It's a little disorientating as everything seems the wrong way round.

I must stop now as the wanderers have returned, bedraggled & frozen.

I'll maybe tell you some more about our adventures later.

We're now off to find petrol. The shortcomings of GPS are highlighted by fact it's telling me there's a filling station in Brora, 12 miles away.

I suspect it's only that close if we drive across the Dornoch Firth!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails