Friday, July 22, 2011

Wicked Girls

Bob has a couple of weeks' holiday coming up and we've been dithering for months about what to do with it. We'd thought of going to Mallorca, but we don't really fancy it at the beginning of August - too hot, too busy, so we might leave that until the October holidays.

Our resolve was shaken a bit last weekend when our friends managed to get a last minute deal for the island for £1000 for five of them, but we decided against it.

Anna and I have both been desperate to see the musical Wicked for a long time. I became mildly obsessed by it after seeing Samantha Barks singing Defying Gravity on the Dorothy programme a few years ago. It rapidly became one of my favourite songs of all time. I'm sure that you will see no coincidence at all in me taking a song about the moment a witch turns "bad" to my heart.

Anyway, we decided to just go for it and we'll be in London for 2 days soon. I do want to put on record, though, my total contempt for Ticketmaster who charge you £2.75 to print off your own tickets over and above their booking fee. Licence to print money or what? We're also going with friends so it'll be fabulous to see them.

 I've just been looking around on the web and there's the Doctor Who Experience at Olympia which I really fancy and I know Anna will. I also want to go to the state rooms at Buckingham Palace to see the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress, but that'll be a harder sell.

Two days in London will cost proportionately a lot more than a week in Mallorca, or maybe even a fortnight - but I'm really excited about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am ridiculously jealous - despite having London on my doorstep I never have time to go and see musicals and Wicked is truly brilliant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails