Sunday, September 04, 2011

URGENT: #ldconf Reps' signatures needed for anti Twitter blocking amendment

Is it possible to trust Evan Harris a bit too much?

Usually when I retweet stuff, I've read any links first just to check them out.

Last night the Doctor who took on Dorries on her appalling abortion amendments tweeted this:

I retweeted it automatically, without even thinking about it.

Of course, when I went back to check it out, I totally agreed with the amendment he's trying to attract support for - which would strengthen the rights to free expression online and would oppose any attempt to shut down social networks as was mooted at the time of the riots. As I said at the time, this would stop them being used for good and would delay troublemakers by mere seconds as their finger moved from the Blackberry Messenger to the Text button on their smartphone.

If you agree - and you're a voting rep at Conference, please sign up to this now - the deadline is 1pm tomorrow.

And, Evan's never let me down yet, so I guess the answer to the question I posed at the beginning is "no".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails