Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I have now been tagged by so many people in the 25 Random Things about me meme that's going round Facebook that I thought I'd better get on with completing it myself. I am not going to tag anyone because I just think that if you want to do it, you'll do it anyway and I don't want to limit myself to 25 people. I want to know more about all of my friends.

Anyway, here goes with my random facts:

1. I got detention during the 1983 election for going canvassing for Bob Maclennan in Caithness and Sutherland when I should have been at school.

2. I met my lovely and long suffering husband Bob when I was working in a youth hostel as a Summer job in 1987.

3. I used to smoke quite heavily - a positive pregnancy test made me give that up immediately and I've never started it up again.

4. Lilies are my favourite flowers.

5. I don't have a degree.

6. I love Brussels Sprouts....

7. ...and hate marmite

8. Back in the day, I used to regularly go to sci-fi conventions. Best ever was Generations at Royal Albert Hall in 1995

9. If you've upset me and want to make amends, a bar of Green and Blacks Maya Gold will go a long way to getting back in my good books.

10. I can't stand anything that slithers along the ground on its belly.

11. I am utterly petrified, to the point of being phobic, of snow and ice.

12. When I was 4, I played a duck in a dancing show and refused to leave the stage at the end of the performance much to the delight of the audience.

13. I was born in Inverness and it's still my favourite place.

14. I love Monet's paintings.

15. I am a trained breastfeeding counsellor

16. When I was a little girl, I threw up on my great Aunt's dog, Cuilin, and have never been allowed to forget it by my second cousin David.

17. My favourite children's programme was the Magic Roundabout and particularly Dougal.

18. My liberal instincts were first awakened when I watched Roots as a child and was so appalled that human beings could enslave other human beings.

19. I went to New York specially to watch Star Trek Generations cos it came out in the US 3 months before it came out here.

20. I couldn't draw to save my life.

21. I don't think you can ever have too much garlic.

22. My favourite meal is the Filet de Boeuf on Croute that I make every New Year.

23. My childhood was very unhappy and I am very aware that I don't want Anna to have the same experiences I did.

24. I have the best friends in the whole world.

25. Absolutely the best thing I have ever done in my whole life is to become a mummy - Anna brightens every single day, just by being her and it's fabulous to watch her grow up to be her own person.

Edit 19:18 because Anna read this and took exception to describing myself as a mum when I am her Mummy.

Edit 02 Feb After lengthy representations from my lovely sister on Facebook, I have decided to add 26 I have a lovely sister who makes my life a delight. Although she was included at 24 too which is high praise for a family member.

LibDig This!

6 comments:

Stephen Glenn said...

You were at Generations too.

Unknown said...

Near the front on the right hand side of the stage. I bought my t-shirt. I was looking for the photos over Christmas and couldn't find them........

Do you remember Gates McFadden's story about the limo journey to some awards ceremony when her dress popped open?

And Brent Spiner was just brilliant.

Stuart Winton said...

"can't stand anything that slithers along the ground on its belly"

I'm surprised you could join a political party then!!

Unknown said...

Very funny, Stuart.

And actually, your comment reminds me of a drunken game at a training session years ago that involved people who shall remain nameless to spare their blushes lying on their tummies pushing little yellow rubber ducks along with their noses.

Stuart Winton said...

Caron, why does your comment about the drunken game remind me of George Galloway :)

Unknown said...

Oh, please no!:-)

I do remember that game being highly competitive as several egos were on the line.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails