Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tom Harris gets all sensitive about Labour mis-spelling

Well, I thought I was freakishly obsessive about spelling and punctuation. To be honest, I am. Most of my colleagues want to kill me on a regular basis because I just can't let a grammatical error or spelling mistake lie. I probably need therapy, but I can't afford it so my nearest and dearest are stuck with this particular foible. It doesn't stop them giving me all of the office proof-reading to do, though.

So, we've established I'm bad. It's good to have found somebody worse - and he's being really censorious about it. I guess we shouldn't really mock - after all, he's having a hard time, what with Labour's poll rating in freefall again. It must be tough for him bo bear criticism of his party on top of that.

Tom Harris has published an addendum to his comments policy in which he says that anyone parodying Labour or Blair by typing Liebour or Bliar for example will "more often than not" be deleted.

It's enough to make you want to go over to his blog and make comments with as many new and original examples of this kind of mis-spelling as you can think up. I don't have time cos I have to go to work now, but maybe you might like to have a go.


LibDig This!

3 comments:

Stephen Glenn said...

I was looking for a light hearted introspective "...and finally" to break the ice of the rest of the rond up. I may have found it. :)

Anonymous said...

Liebour, Fib Dumbs, Natzis etc: such renaming is discourteous and borderline defamatory.

It's Tom's blog; his standards should apply.

Unknown said...

SU, I totally agree that Tom's blog is his own and he can do what he likes with it. But this is my space and if I want to indulge in a little light teasing of him for his typical Labour control freakery, then I can:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails