Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bring a yellow ribbon and candle for Florence and Precious


I've lifted this picture from Anne McLauglin MSP's blog. I hope she doesn't mind.

I know that many of you reading this won't be able to go because you live too far away. It dawned on me that you could show your solidarity by lighting a candle, wearing a yellow ribbon and posting it to the Facebook group in their support. Maybe we could also change our FB and Twitter avatars too.

Every time I look at my lovely 11 year old, I feel so much for Florence. Separating me from my daughter would be the worst thing that could ever happen to me - and I am sure Anna feels the same way. Making someone live with that awful fear, or, worse, realising that fear, is unspeakably cruel and I make no apology for describing it as torture. Florence and Precious are welcome in Glasgow. Church leaders from across the religious spectrum, union leaders, and the First Minister of Scotland agree and have written to the Home Secretary in their support. They should be allowed to stay. End of.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails