Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Facelift for the Blog

I've finally plucked up the courage to play around with the formatting of the blog for the first time in the almost 4 years.

I'm still not sure about it. It's a bit like having your hair cut short after years of having it long.

I played around with the new options on the Blogger Template Designer for a while. I rejected some on the grounds that they had too much blue in them. Maybe a bit oversensitive about the coalition but I didn't want to give up too much Liberal orange.

I have to tell you that Anna absolutely hates the new design, because she liked the spots on the old one, although she has been somewhat mollified by the inclusion of her portrayal of the Lib Dem logo behind the title. I'd no idea she'd done it. I was looking through my photos looking for a suitable image and found it. Clearly she's picked up on the colour change to aqua that's been seeping in over the past year.

Anyway, I had some trouble getting the links to stand out enough. I've played around with the colours so I hope that's improved things.

What do you think of the new look?

2 comments:

Jennie Rigg said...

Header is WAAAAAAAAAAY too big. Send me the image file and I'll do something with it, if I get it in time.

Paul Walter said...

Caron.

It looks great. Bear in mind that I have probably done about 345 different versions of my various headers. They usually take a lot of fiddling with to get right. I think the LibDem bird drawing is absolutely excellent. However, itr clashes a bit with the head title at the moment. The drawing needs to be smaller (as Jennie said) - so that it isn't behind the lightish writing of your head title. Or you could make the drawing bigger and a tad lighter, and/or make the head title darker.

But fiddling with headers is one of the joys of blogging, so don't be afraid to fiddle with it until you are happy with it.

But overall a good clean new format/template!

All the best
Paul

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails