Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why the midges love my husband

My poor husband Bob has been plagued by midges and other assorted beasties all his life. They find him oh so tasty! Now it looks like we know why.

Apparently, according to research reported in today's Telegraph,  they go for tall men. Men don't really come that much taller than Bob, who's 6 ft 4.

It's a shame, really, because there's not much we can do about it. It's not as if he can stop being tall.

They never used to bother me, but have started to in recent years, possibly because of all the weight I've piled on while being ill and not being able to exercise.

Sensibly, then, we've decided to go to Midge Den for our holidays - a cottage in the Highlands. That'll be fun. On the advice of a friend, who swears by it, I've bought some Avon Skin so Soft to see if that gets rid of them. I'll let you know if it works.

1 comment:

Keith Legg said...

As someone who is equally plagued by biting insects, I know how he feels! For me, the one which I've found to work (at least against Mexican mosquitos) is the Tesco anti-bug pump spray that you squirt on your skin. Smells a bit at first, but it does work.

Alternatively, smoking does too, I'm told....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails