Friday, September 03, 2010

Get subversive with Tony Blair

Well not him, exactly, his book.

I was amused last night by this group on Facebook who has suggested that those of us who are no great fans of our ex PM should take his memoirs on a wee journey (see what I did there?) from the biography section to the crime section of bookshops.

The creators' invitation is as follows:

Subversively move Tony Blair's memoirs to the crime section in book shops
Make bookshops think twice about where they categorise our generations greatest war criminal.
Go on....do it. 
NON VIOLENT DIRECT ACTION
Please invite your friends to do it too!
Those of you who know me well will be familiar with my habit of re-arranging the mother and baby section of bookshops so that the regime oriented parenting books, such as Gina Ford's, are less visible than books which respect the bond between mother and baby. No books are ever damaged in the execution of this task, but you'll maybe see why this Blair initiative appealed to me.

I'm not entirely sure of its usefulness and, after all,  the WH Smith and Waterstone's and Foyle's hardly had a say in the prosecution of the Iraq war, and people like my friend Kate will end up with the job of carrying them back but as a bit of Friday fun, I thought it was worth bringing to your attention. 

3 comments:

Drake Sigar said...

Useful? Absoutely not. Pointless? Almost certainly. But it's funny damnit!

Keith Legg said...

Alternatively, if you want to read it, borrow it from the library. that way your hands remain unsoiled!

Unknown said...

Keith, at no point did I ever suggest anyone should part with money for this tome. There are plenty other books in the shops.

Drake, you are absolutely right!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails