Thursday, September 02, 2010

Lib Dems rise in Total Politics Scottish Blog Awards

Total Politics has started releasing its lists of Top Blogs. Yesterday it was the turn of the Top 50 Scottish Blogs. I am very grateful to everyone who voted for me because I've risen 3 places to number 4. Tom Harris retains the top spot he's had ever since he started blogging. I like reading him because once you get past the partisan Lib Dem hating exterior, there's a funny Doctor Who fan in there and the blog is nothing if not entertaining. Anna, however, still bruised after her brush with him has set me the challenge of replacing him as number 1 next year. I'm touched by her faith in me, and I'll try my best, but will have to manage her expectations on that one, I think.

It's been a good year for my fellow Lib Dem bloggers in Scotland. Stephen Glenn rises 4 places to number 7, Andrew Reeves rises 5 places to number 12 and Fraser MacPherson has the biggest Lib Dem climb, 10 places to number 18. We also see Liberal Youth Scotland come in at 34. Other bloggers writing from a liberal viewpoint are Doctorvee and new entrant Love and Garbage.

Frustratingly, there are still only 6 female bloggers in the top 50, the same number, although not the same people, as last year. Subrosa comes in at number 9 while there's a well deserved rise of 21 places to 25 for Bellgrove Belle. Joan McAlpine comes in with her Go, Lassie, Go blog at 17, Kezia Dugdale is at 22 and Indygal is at 40.

The Top Ten is as follows:

1 (1) Tom Harris MP 
2 (3) Underdogs Bite Upwards
3 (2) SNP Tactical Voting
4 (7) Caron's Musings
5 (4) Mr Eugenides
6 Bright Green Scotland
7 (11) Stephen's Liberal Journal
8 (5) Two Doctors
9 Subrosa
10 (6) Malc in the Burgh

The full list is here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails