Friday, March 27, 2009

A couple of things that made me furious this week.

I may be blogging light at the mo, but there are a couple of things I could not let pass.

Firstly, the news yesterday that one in six therapists would attempt to curb homosexual feelings in their patients. Who are these people and why are they allowed to practice? To imply that being attracted to people of the same sex is some sort of defect that can or should be cured is unethical and immoral. End of story.

Secondly, I was horrified to learn via Labour blogger Yousuf of another example of media hypocrisy. It seems that there has been no room in the press to report the conviction of a man who threatened to blow up Glasgow Central Mosque, attended by many of my friends, and behead one Muslim a week, and who is due for sentencing today. I googled this and the most recent thing I could find was this article from February from the Scottish Islamic Foundation website.

Any attempt by anyone to cause harm on the basis of racial or religious hatred is appalling. Compare and contrast the acres of newsprint devoted to any Muslim suspected of taking part in or planning atrocities to the silence on this outrage. I'm grateful to Yousuf for making me aware of this story. Double standards are unfortunately alive and well.....

LibDig This!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails