Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A #TowelDay exchange

There would have been something very wrong with the Universe if we'd woken up this morning and there had been no post from Stephen in honour of Towel Day. This is the annual commemoration of Hitch Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy author Douglas Adams' work where fans carry a towel around with them for the day.

Anyway, I guess that even if the Rapture had happened on Saturday, Stephen's post would still have appeared. It led to the following exchange between me and my 11 year old:

"I'm off to get a towel to take to school."

"Excellent."

(she disappears off up stairs and comes down with a towel which she casually slings over her arm)

"Aren't you going to put that in your schoolbag?"

"I will, later, when I get to school."

"People will think you're a geek, though."

"I am a geek" she said cheerily.

The towel had its photo opportunity.



And so the captivating and hilarious genius of Douglas Adams thrills a new generation.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

2 comments:

Stephen Glenn said...

YAY!!!

The geek is very proud of Anna taking her Towel to school with here. Later this evening I've a bowls match so will know exactly where my towel is.

Stephen Glenn said...

Actually Caron I didn't have any of my Towel Day posts scheduled before this morning...there are a number of them on the way though :-)

Share and enjoy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails