Monday, September 15, 2008

Keeping up with Conference

If you haven't already read The Yorksher Gob's acounts of Conference, do so immediately - they are extremely well written, funny and give you a flavour of what Conference is like.

I am not in Bournemouth as Anna doesn't yet let me have overnight passes but it's good to know how things are going outside the BBC Parliament Coverage.

The advent of social networking sites such as Facebook also gives an insight into what people are doing. Alistair Carmichael complained at one point yesterday that he was tired but then he must have discovered his second wind because he was still up at 1 in the morning posting that he "was with the grouse Club minus Lord Thurso". I'm not sure what kind of Grouse he meant, the whisky or the bird, but either way, his mood seemed to have lifted.

My friends are even worse than usual at texting me with gossip - I can only assume that they are too busy creating it..............

1 comment:

Jennie Rigg said...

Thank you for the plug!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails