Monday, September 22, 2008

The Ultimate in Wishful Thinking

I've just seen a Facebook status update from a Labour person saying that he was wondering if the rumours were true that Barack Obama was going to address the Labour Conference tomorrow.

I remember my mother once, at a time of huge tension in the family, inviting some guests over for Christmas in the hope that that everybody would behave with visitors in the house. In the unlikely event that this rumour is true, then it would be that kind of thing on a bigger scale.

However, I am fairly certain that Obama associating himself with a dying Labour Government would not go down so well with the voters back home.

I guess this is just a bit of wishful thinking, or too much booze at the lunchtime fringe.......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails