Friday, January 18, 2013

Doctor Who 30 day challenge - Day 16: Favourite actor

Can't believe I'm into the second half of this already. We're on to favourite actor.

Now, I am going to exclude the actors who play the Doctor from these or I could go on all day and, actually, I think we need to honour those other talented people who made the show so special.

I thought Ian MacNeice made a fine Churchill in Victory of the Daleks, so he deserves a mention.

Arthur Darvill, as Rory, has died so many times and so well.

James Corden, father to Stormageddon, was brilliant.

But I'm damned if I'm going to get through this series without honouring the man who played one of the best and most constant characters in Who history, Nicholas Courtney.

His long association with the show, from the Troughton Years to the Sarah Jane Adventures, was fantastic and it was awful to lose both Nick and Lis Sladen within a couple of months of each other in 2011.

I still have fond memories of Battlefield and Sunday mornings spent watching the Pertwee years on UK Gold.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails