Thursday, January 17, 2013

Secret Courts motion submitted to Scottish Conference

I was flying a bit by the seat of my pants, giving myself just two days to gather signatures for a motion on secret courts to Scottish Conference, especially when most of that time was spent in London at my first proper Federal Executive meeting.

Fortunately, however, feeling on this issue is so strong in the party that it was relatively easy to acquire significantly more than the 25 signatures required - and, even past the deadline, they are still coming in. I submitted the motion this morning and I know it's been received.

What happens now is that the Scottish Conference Committee will decide on Saturday whether to include it in the Preliminary Agenda. Keep your fingers crossed - I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks to everyone who signed up and helped spread the word.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails