Thursday, September 22, 2011

My complaint to the BBC about Miriam Gonzalez Durantez

Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice


When I say about, I obviously don't mean about anything Miriam has done, but the way in which the news channels of our usually high quality public service broadcaster treat her. Don't get me wrong, they are nowhere near as horrendous as the Daily Fail, but I expect better from the BBC.


I wrote on Saturday how annoyed I was about the way reporter Norman Smith referred to her, but the straw that broke this camel's back was the comment by the News Channel's reporter on Nick's speech yesterday afternoon who felt the need to tell us all that Miriam had gone home on Sunday and only come back for Nick's speech yesterday lunchtime.


Well, what a scandal that someone should have their own job to go to. Most of us don't spend much time hanging round our spouse's place of work, funnily enough. Was she supposed to be on his arm at every appearance looking up at him with puppy dog eyes, for goodness sake?


I've basically asked them to call her by her name, not Miriam Clegg, without any asides like "as she likes to be known" and to run any comments they make about her through a 21st century filter.


I'll let you know what they say.

1 comment:

Jennie Rigg said...

I wonder if you'll get the same response I did to my (rather less reasonable) complaint: "but we only did it because the Lib Dems TOLD us to"

My mum used to say "If [x person] told you to go and jump in t'cut, would you?"

(the cut being Yorksher slang for the canal - which is a lot less polluted now than it was when I was tiny).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails