Thursday, September 29, 2011

Volunteering in Uganda - the adventures of Little Grumpy G and others

I have been meaning to post this video for weeks and weeks and am kicking myself for only just getting round to it.

Recently my friend Graeme spent a couple of months in Uganda, volunteering as a teacher. The organisation he went with, Volunteer Uganda, made a video of their experiences which sums up their work and leisure time.

I'll let them all speak for themselves. I did ask Graeme's permission to post this, but I promised I wouldn't comment on his trousers. Don't let that stop you, though........


Being part of something which makes so many children very obviously happy and teaches them vital life skills, including HIV awareness is clearly very rewarding and will benefit those children all their lives. Graeme will be writing about his experiences in more detail at some point when he gets the chance to take a breath - he came back and started a new job within days. I'll let you know when he does.

1 comment:

Volunteering in Uganda said...

I'll let them all speak for themselves. I did ask Graeme's permission to post this, but I promised I wouldn't comment on his trousers.
Volunteering in Uganda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails