Monday, September 19, 2011

Who called the BBC's James Landale a miserable sod at LIb Dem Conference?

Step forward.......




Lynne Featherstone, Equalities Minister.

And served him right, too for going on about how our poll ratings were the lowest ever. Nonsense. Does he not remember 1989 when I was one of the components of an asterisk in the polls?

He was being completely negative and deserved his good humoured ministerial put down at the Guardian debate. Another high quality performance from Lynne, Vince, Paddy and Farron.

Shame on Simon Hoggart for trying to be funny and getting it badly wrong "I'll get a serious blocking if I don't let a woman ask a question soon". A facepalm moment.

2 comments:

David Boothroyd said...

This memory of the days when the Liberal Democrats 'were an asterisk in the polls' are false and invented. The lowest I have found in the period after 1988 was 3%.

Bill said...

LOL - methinks the lady doth protest too much. Landale is quite correct - that's what hurts, I suppose.

(PS/ I'm not a LibDem, so relatively rational ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails