Thursday, July 09, 2009

How to opt out of new mobile phone directory

I've just followed the example of Tom Harris and Subrosa and opted out of this new mobile phone directory that's being set up.

I value my privacy, and I simply don't trust that my number won't get into the hands of people who want to sell me things I don't want to buy.

I'm going to check it out when it goes live later this month, too, just to make sure that my request has been acted upon. It's not that I don't trust them, or anything, but....

Anyway, if you want to do the same, follow this link and follow the instructions. It's just a question of entering your mobile number, going through a spam trap captcha thingy and then they text you a code to enter in the next screen. Once you have entered that code, the process is, in theory, complete.

LibDig This!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails