Thursday, July 16, 2009

That Total Politics Best Blog Poll

Total Politics are running their annual Best Blog Poll. I am very grateful to those of you who voted for me last year. The whole thing really passed me by and I was totally surprised to appear in the lists at all.

I absolutely love blogging and I really enjoy the new people I've met, some online and some in real life as a result of it. Even if I'm cast into the blogging wilderness and don't appear on any of the rankings at all, I'll still carry on just because I enjoy it, once I've recovered from the abject humiliation of the rejection, of course.

Having said that, I'd really appreciate it if you'd vote and include me in your top ten. I'd really like your number one slot, but I know there's some seriously good quality stuff out there. If you are wondering what to do with your other votes, my blogroll, on the left has some suggestions.

All you need to do is follow these simple rules:

1. You must vote for your ten favourite blogs and ranks them from 1 (your favourite) to 10 (your tenth favourite).
2. Your votes must be ranked from 1 to 10. Any votes which do not have rankings will not be counted.
3. You MUST include ten blogs. If you include fewer than ten your vote will not count.
4. Email your vote to toptenblogs@totalpolitics.com
5. Only vote once.
6. Only blogs based in the UK, run by UK residents are eligible or based on UK politics are eligible.
7. Anonymous votes left in the comments will not count. You must give a name
8. All votes must be received by midnight on 31 July 2009. Any votes received after that date will not count.


Honourable mention must go to Costigan for pointing out the original list's numbers were all wonky.

I quite like this way of doing it because it gives you as the voter the maximum power - you can pick any blogs you want. Iain Dale did ask a few weeks ago for advice on whether to continue to do it that way or for him and his mates to pick a shortlist. I did comment and say it should stay this way to give the real power to the voter and not Iain Dale. At the time it was a genuine and instinctive response and was not intended to be used as a shameless grab for your vote!

So, in the two thousand horse race for the best blog, choose someone who has a record of action and will promise you more; a worker, a winner, who's there all year round and not just at election time:-)

LibDig This!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No categories this year?

Costigan Quist said...

Now you see, I took the trouble to notice that the rule numbering was buggered and helpfully corrected it on my blog. If there was any justice in the world, that would get me lots of extra votes.

There isn't.

Unknown said...

You don't need the extra votes - your blog is so brilliantly awesome it will easily end up very high in the rankings.

I could call you a smart arse, but I won't cos that would be very churlish:-)))

Unknown said...

SU, by the looks of it, categories come later.

Last year's rules are pretty similar apart from the fact that Dale ran it himself.

http://iaindale.blogspot.com/2008/07/guide-to-political-blogs-2008-9-vote.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails