Thursday, July 16, 2009

Malc and Audrey's Marathon Madness

My fellow Scottish blogger Malc has wanted to run a marathon since he was a little boy. My ambitions in that direction are confined to watching the London Marathon every year and in my current condition I doubt I could actually run to the end of my speech.

Anyway, there are many easier ways to see Loch Ness, but he and his friend Audrey have chosen to run 26 miles and 385 yards round it in 12 weeks' time. They are hoping to raise lots of money for the Multiple Sclerosis Society Scotland. If you have a few pounds to spare, please donate to their cause. I know from speaking to people who have undertaken these painful challenges before that the donations really spur them on both in the many, many hours of preparation beforehand and during the race itself.

I should also mention their co-trainer for the next few weeks - another stalwart of the Scottish blogosphere, our own Stephen. As an athlete himself, he knows all about preparation and build up for these events.

So good luck to Malc and Audrey as they undertake 12 weeks of hell - it will soon pass, though, and I'll look forward to seeing them cross the finish line and raise lots of money in October.

LibDig This!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails