Thursday, April 08, 2010

RIP Guy Kewney

I know there are many Liberal Democrats out there who have at some time been involved with Cix conferencing. It used to be a big part of my life but I've been "blinking" less and less recently.

Many Lib Dem cixen past and present will have come across Guy Kewney. I'm sorry to have to say that he died early this morning. He had been diagnosed with Cancer last year and he had written about his illness in a way which I think will really help anyone who reads it in the future.

I only knew Guy from Cix. It took me a while to realise that he was actually quite a well known writer. He was always kind, warm, wise and generous with his support. I had many worthwhile discussions with him. He often had a really helpful perspective on problems I faced in my life and I am grateful that I had the chance to learn from him.

I was looking back at some of the messages on Cix today and what brought a really big lump to my throat was seeing him give good, solid, sensible advice to people in the last few months when he was dealing with his illness.

My thoughts are with his wife Mary and his family and friends.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails