Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Well, yesterday didn't go as I'd planned...........

Yesterday, today and tomorrow were down as being my only child free days until the day between 8th April and  4th May.

I love every single second of having Anna on holiday, and really don't get why people complain about having their kids around. They grow up way too quickly, so my aim is to enjoy every possible moment.

Anyway, though, I was kind of looking forward to 3 school days just to catch up on stuff. In particular, yesterday was ear-marked to spend in front of the computer.

Then, on Monday afternoon, while we were playing in the park in Dunfermline, Anna suddenly said she didn't feel well and wanted to go home. She felt really sick and had a sore throat. She was then up half the night feeling awful so there was no way she could go to school.

I sat down at the laptop yesterday morning and really couldn't concentrate - which I put down to being up since 3. Around lunchtime, my vision went all blurry and I started to feel dizzy and woozy. That righted itself after a while, but I still feel awful - very sick and achy and generally horrible - although not with the horrid sore throat Anna has on top of the sickyness. Mine is a bit scratchy, but not too bad. I went to bed when Bob got in from work last night and didn't even get up to watch Masterchef.

I just hope she's ok for tomorrow as she has a really important choir rehearsal for the NYCOS 15th anniversary Seven Planets and a Cosmic Rock concert in Glasgow a week on Sunday.

So, all in all, I am feeling very pathetic and sorry for myself. I kind of want to be tucked up in bed still, but that's not possible when you have a poorly child as well. I shall try and schedule a few blog posts for later in the day.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Poor you, I hope you're all better soon.
And thanks v much for suggesting me to Jonathan Calder, I'm trying to juggle childcare to get along to the talk. x

Unknown said...

I would have loved to have gone myself but I may be a little busy next Thursday:-).

I'm glad my instincts were right - I thought you would be interested.

I hope you get to meet Jonathan too - he's fabulous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails