Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Why I'm keeping up my Zumba during the election - and a wee treat for you

I have made the decision that, for a change, I'm not going to push myself to the absolute limits of what my body can take during this election. It took me six months to feel remotely human after the 2010 campaign and I've had enough health issues over the last few years, thank you very much. I am just not going to ruin another Summer by pushing myself too hard. I am still doing stuff, just not round the clock as before.

So, I am going to get my proper quota of sleep and I'm going to continue going to my Zumba classes because I feel that they are doing me good. I'm now doing 3 classes a week and they are definitely improving my fitness and stamina levels. You simply can't stop yourself from smiling when you hear the vibrant latin beats so they're good for the mood too. Even after just 10 weeks, I feel a lot more proficient at it. Note, this is all relative, and nowhere near good. I am frequently on the wrong leg, or moving the wrong way and some of the step sequences are too confusing for my brain to process.

Having said that, my heart rate goes up, I sweat and I have fun. What could be wrong with this?

I leave you with a little treat, though. This is not my class, although that's where I heard about it this morning. Apparently there are two young men, called the Zumba Boys, who do extremely popular classes in Edinburgh. Looking at the video below, which is available on You Tube here, I can see why and I know that many of you will agree with me. Enjoy.

There is no need to thank me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails