Wednesday, June 09, 2010

A New Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy Fan

With her interest in all things Doctor Who, and her general quirky sense of humour, I suspected that Anna might like Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy, but it's so long since I read it, and I was an adult when I did, that I wondered whether she was still a bit young at 11. So, I did what we all do these days to solve our dilemmas, I asked Twitter.

The almost unanimous verdict was that I should get her started on it - the one dissenter was my friend Kelvin who said that the best way to be introduced to Hitchhiker was through the original radio series.

So, the book arrived yesterday. She was glued to it at the breakfast table. She took it to school with her, knowing that the wet weather would give her a chance to read at playtime and came out this afternoon quoting large parts of it - relating to bypasses and points A, B, C and D, - from memory.

I think she likes it. I explained about Towel Day on the way home from school and I suspect it'll have a new recruit next year. She's already asked me to order the next book so she has it as soon as she's finished this one........

1 comment:

Stephen Glenn said...

I think you have a new fan there who now more knows what future joys will unfold than a tea leaf knows the history of the East India company. I think in honour of Douglas a cup of Earl Grey for a towel well done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails