Sunday, June 21, 2009

Be still my beating heart....and a slap in the face with a wet fish for Rob Fenwick

How much excitement can a girl take in one day?

The last British Grand Prix at Silverstone - although it might not be so I didn't actually cry.

The Stig on Top Gear being revealed to be Michael Schumacher. Well, obviously it's not, but it was a nice ruse to start the series with. Great footage of him driving his Ferrari FXX. I always wondered why Ferrari missed the last 2 x's of the name of that car. I mean, who the fxxx is going to hand over a cool £1.3 million for a car that Ferrari don't even let you take home.

Anyway, it was so fabulous to see Schumi. I think he's always been a fairly normal, warm human being in real life, but those are not characteristics that are normally associated with him. He did well to cope with Jeremy's teasing about cheating and even cracked a joke or two. He looked like he was enjoying himself and did get a pretty rapturous reception from the audience. Null points for the above mentioned Mr Fenwick, though, for the following tweet: "The Stig's helmet has come off, and he looks like Lembit Opik"

Interspersed with all of this were reports from the Brawn GP party, of meeting Jenson Button, Rubens Barrichello and lovely genius Ross. This is not my story to tell but you can guarantee that when the person concerned does tell it, I'll link to it.

Think I need a cup of hot milk and a lie down to recover from all of that...

LibDig This!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails