Monday, January 31, 2011

Lib Dem Voice's Alex Foster on Come Dine with Me this week.

Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice

My sister raved at me incessantly about Channel 4's Come Dine With Me for ages before I finally got around to watching it. The first episode I watched was the Christmas Special in 2009 which featured David Gest, Sherrie Hewson, Diarmuid Gavin and Hannah Waterman. I literally cried with laughter.

If you haven't seen it before, the premise is that a group of people compete, over successive nights, for a prize of £1000, by hosting a dinner party for their fellow contestants. They are then scored on their efforts, and the person with the highest score gets the money. Of course, they don't choose people who are always going to get along with each other, and part of the show involves people exploring, and bitching about, the others' houses.

I don't watch every episode, but I will be glued this week as Lib Dem Voice's Alex Foster is taking part. He cooks tomorrow, but is on every night at 5 this week on Channel 4.

He talks about the application process here on his own blog. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he does, and finding out whether the Nottingham Lib Dems' campaign funds are going to be augmented if he wins.

1 comment:

winston smith said...

I also enjoy Come Dine With Me.
I prefer the non celeb ones though as they're usually funnier.
I wonder if Alex Fosters' dinner is the same as written on his menu.
Lib Dems aren't too good at delivering what they promise ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails